This year’s China International Composites Industrial Technical Expo, September 5-7in Shanghai, will mark the 18th year for the largest professional exhibition on composites in Asia. Over the span of three days, attendees had the chance to meet with end users in the areas of automotive, marine, ground transportation, aerospace, wind energy, infrastructure, and a variety of raw materials suppliers.
The China Composite Industry has seen rapid growth over the past 17 years and has seen participation skyrocket from 90 participating companies to over 450 companies. The China Composites Industry Association, organizers for the expo, covers over 1,000 enterprises. The association specializes in R&D, production, marketing, related education of FRP/glass fiber, its raw materials and equipment. The CCE has become one of the biggest and most influential composite shows in Asia and continues to grow and expand for the future.
2012 Show highlights include:
- Umeco exhibits high-performance prepregs, process materials, and tooling.
- BASF demonstrates how Asian blade manufacturers can benefit from its epoxy resin system.
- Boeing Forecasts China will need 5,260 new airplanes by 2031
- BluCure, AkzoNobel and DSM introduced their BluCure products.
- Toho Tenax and Teijin Aramid Asia will showcase new innovative concepts for carbon and aramid fiber reinforced composites.