Last week, CAMX announced the finalists for its annual CAMX Award, sponsored by Ashland. The CAMX Award recognizes two cutting-edge innovations that will significantly impact composites and advanced materials. The award is divided into two categories that embody the spirit of CAMX – Combined Strength and Unsurpassed Innovation.
The winning entries will be announced and presented during the General Session at CAMX – Tuesday, September 12 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. This year’s finalists will be on display at CAMX in the Exhibit Hall. The entrants will also be available to speak with attendees about their entries from 2:30– 3:30 p.m. on September 12.
Combined Strength Award
- Thermoplastic Composite Overmoulding Technology Reduces Cycle Time to Minutes: Victrex
- Halls River Bridge – FRP Composites for Next Generation Infrastructure: Florida DOT
- GFRP Wicket Gates: Long Lasting Structures to Ensure Navigable Waterways: Composite Advantage, LLC
- 9 Meter Wind Turbine Blade Advanced Technology Demonstrator: IACMI – The Composites Institute
- Development and Launch of Integrated Slide-in Oven Console Assembly w/ Stainless Steel Appearance via Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD): Mar-Bal, Inc.
Unsurpassed Innovation Award
- Secure Hybrid Composite Maritime Shipping Container: University of Maine – Advanced Structures and Composites Center
- Next Generation CoCure Hybrid Metal/Composite Technology for Transportation: Structural Composites
- Edge En V. Fly Rods Made with Ekoa Plant Based Prepregs: Lingrove
- First Industrial Fiber Patch Placement System for Manufacturing Complex Composites: Cevotec GmbH
- Carbon Fibre / Kevlar Hinge System: Talon Technology
To see a full description of each finalist, visit http://www.thecamx.org/wp-content/uploads/CAMX-2017-Awards-Booklet.pdf.
To see all the latest innovation on display, make sure to sign up by August 18 for a discounted rate for a CAMX Exhibit Hall pass, as well as access to CAMX conference programs, featured sessions, technical papers. Click here to register today.